Michigan Premier Hospice
West Branch, MI
Our employees come first. Period. We’ve grown our business with this mindset, it’s the basis of everything we do: Employee First. We are one team, with one plan and everyone’s included. This means we move forward together, always leading with empathy and viewing all decisions through the lens of every employee.
We believe in this so strongly that every employee in our company has scheduled monthly conversations with their leader to discuss their performance, growth and opportunities to improve the employee and customer experience.
We live the constant pursuit of better and are always looking for ways to improve. Not only would we love for you to join us we also want input. Please CLICK HERE to take our 2 minute survey!
The Hospice Clinical Manager is an RN who is approved by the Administrator to organize and direct staff and patients assigned to his/her Team. Takes initiative to research Best Practices in the homecare and Hospice industry and utilizes these practices whenever applicable. He/she functions under the direction of and reports to the Administrator.
- Licensed, registered nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Two years (2) experience Hospice care nursing supervisor.
- CPR preferred, not required
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activities, which may include heavy lifting.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
- Assists in the planning overall development of the Agency as set forth in the policies and procedures relating to the Agency.
- Advises the Administrator regarding comprehensive patient/staffing needs and recommends appropriate changes in staffing, budgets, policies or programs to meet those needs.
- Oversees maintenance of an accurate record keeping systems, evaluates the effectiveness of programs and recommends appropriate modifications.
- Hospice Clinical Manager directs implementation of approved work methods and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care outlined in Best Practices for Hospice.
- Reviews referrals and assures appropriate personnel have been staffed to accommodate patient needs.
- Receives physician orders via phone or other telecommunication.
- Receives and manages patient and caregiver calls
- Hospice Clinical Manager reviews Admission, HIS, and ensures hospice qualifying diagnosis following correction recommendations and assures corrections are completed within 24 hours of request.
- Assists Agency Administrator in selection, orientation, direction and evaluation of staff.
- Promotes an effective system of communication throughout the Agency.
- Reviews and evaluates existing clerical and administrative policies and practices to determine if current methods provide the means for the staff to carry out their responsibilities and achieve projected goals.
- Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Agency program. This includes, but is not limited to, quarterly CASPER reports. Has a clear understanding as to how to analyze such reports and has the ability to make corrective action whenever necessary.
- Ensures the accuracy of the public information materials and activities.
- Reviews patient D/C plans with field staff two weeks prior to patient D/C.
- Selects and maintains a qualified, well-organized staff to provide care for the needs of the patients.
- Hospice Clinical Manager works closely with the Team Coordinator in establishing staffing patterns, which reflect the quality and quantity of various personnel necessary to plan, provide, and supervise the care rendered to patients and families.
- Conducts direct field supervision at least quarterly with each professional team member
- Establishes methods for coordination of care by all disciplines.
- Provides leadership in promoting and maintaining standards for giving excellent quality care by all members of the patient care team.
- Supervises and teaches in order to improve practices within the Agency.
- Consults with physician in matters relating to patient care services.
- Assures the provision of continuing education and in-service for all staff.
- May have the responsibility of those duties outlined in the Staff Nurse Job description.
- Other duties as requested by the Administrator