Our employees come first. Period. We’ve grown our business with this mindset, it’s the basis of everything we do: Employee First. We are one team, with one plan and everyone’s included. This means we move forward together, always leading with empathy and viewing all decisions through the lens of every employee.
We believe in this so strongly that every employee in our company has scheduled monthly conversations with their leader to discuss their performance, growth and opportunities to improve the employee and customer experience.
We live the constant pursuit of better and are always looking for ways to improve. Not only would we love for you to join us we also want input. Please CLICK HERE to take our 2 minute survey!
The Scheduler is responsible for liaising with our Clinical Managers, administrative departments and Clinicians to ensure all patient visits are scheduled with the appropriate staff on a timely basis to meet our patients’ needs, ensure our organizational quality goals are met and we remain compliant with all relative regulations, policies and procedures.
Required Experience for Scheduler:
• High school graduate with minimum of two (2) years of additional training in business or accounting.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in health care billing and collections, preferably in home care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of billing regulations for Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance processing, billing, terminology and coding.
• Knowledgeable of regulatory standards for home care specific to the reimbursement area.
• Information system knowledge in the areas of electronic claim submission and date entry/report generation.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, detail orientation, flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to multi-task.
Primary Responsibilities for Scheduler:
• Coordinating ordered patient visits and clinician schedules. Responsible for filling all open shifts by coordinating schedules or appropriate clinicians.
• Ensuring the correct type of visit is scheduled for the appropriate clinician on a timely basis.
• Assisting the Administrator in ensuring Clinicians meet productivity requirements.
• Providing excellent customer service to all internal and external customers including, but not limited to, Clinicians, patients and patient representatives.
• Reports complaints, threats to timely delivery or care and all incidents or accidents to the Administrator or Administrator on call on a timely basis.
• Ensure that the staff schedules have been completed for all cases and that necessary clinicians are scheduled for on-call and weekend shifts.
• Honoring patient rights
• Maintaining an open communication process with the patient, representative (if any), caregivers, family and appropriate health care providers.
• Maintains confidential patient communications and records in accordance with privacy and security standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Agency policies and procedures, and applicable state laws.
• Attend all appropriate meetings to provide reports and information requested regarding scheduling.
• Participate in pre-hire activities regarding availability of candidates and helping clarify expectations and availability regarding territories and coverage needs. Helping orientate new hires to scheduling and coverage processes and procedures.
• Participates in the Agency’s Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Communication Plans and helps coordinate clinician communication when the Plan is activated.
• Assist the Administrator and Lead Trainer in scheduling, coordinating and documenting clinician training events,
• Perform back-up duties for the Intake Coordinator when needed.
• Answers phones with professionalism and quality customer service.
• Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Navigating the Path of Health Care
CorsoCare provides patient-based home health care services while protecting patient rights and giving them the dignity and respect they deserve. Our experienced certified home health care professionals are highly skilled and completely focused on our patients. Our services are comprised of three core divisions: Certified Home Health Care Services, Private Duty/Private Pay Services and Transitional Care Navigation Services.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer