Michigan Premier Home Health Care and Hospice
The Agency Administrator plans, develops, and directs the programs, services, activities and employees of the Agency.
Required Experience for Agency Administrator:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing, health service administration, business administration or equivalent experience, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in certified home health care and hospice.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in supervisory or administrative positions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
- Knowledge of business management
Primary Responsibilities for Agency Administrator:
- Identifies and implements the organizational structure.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the Agency's ongoing functions.
- Agency Administrator directs and coordinates the overall development and administration of the Agency consistent with the Agency mission and available resources, and with the involvement of the Agency staff and participation of the Professional Advisory Board.
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic long-range plans.
- Provides direction in formulating the programs and policies.
- Identifies the legislative, community, and third-party payer issues that impact Agency development plans.
- Assures compliance with federal/state regulations governing home health care and hospice services.
- Maintains ongoing liaison between the Governing Body, the Professional Advisory Board, and the Agency staff.
- Assures the accuracy of public information materials and promotional activities.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining data collection, recording, and reporting systems to ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection, and measurement of outcomes.
- Participates in establishing and maintaining public relations and marketing programs that increase the public’s understanding of home care and hospice, foster relationships with other members of the health care community, and contributes to Agency growth.
- Reports progress and makes recommendations to the Governing Body for future growth of all home health care and hospice services and products.
- Ensures development of relationships and contractual agreements with third-party payers, other vendors, and the business community. Assures compliance with contracts/agreements.
- Participates in the hiring, orientation, and development of management staff.
- The Agency Administrator directs daily business activities of the Agency and assures development of systems that support recruitment, hiring and the ongoing professional development of Agency staff.
- Develops an annual operating budget with input from all divisions and departments. Submits budget to the Governing Body for approval.
- Implements an effective budgeting and accounting system.
- Prepares accurate, complete financial reports in accordance with Agency policies. Manages financial resources according to budget and revenue projections.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization and the Office Assistant position.
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.