Home Health Aide (PRN)
Michigan Premier Home Health Care, a CorsoCare Company
Home Health Aide provides personal care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Therapist. The Home Health Aide is assigned to specific clients by the Registered Nurse or other appropriate professional and performs services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
Required Experience for Job Title:
- Education and/or Experience: Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation. Be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other: Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements.
Primary Responsibilities for Job Title:
- Home Health Aide Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Home Health Aide performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:Bathing, Shampooing, Skin care/nail care, Oral Hygiene, Shaving, Dressing
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to: Meal preparation/feeding, Laundry, Light Houskeeping
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and Agency policy).
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse or Therapist. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client's records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per Agency requirements—at least weekly.
- Home Health Aide Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Agency supervisor.
- Home Health Aide works toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General Working Conditions:
This position could entail sitting or standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.